To deactivate your account, sign in, and visit your dashboard. You can do this by clicking on the small house icon on the right side of the site header.
On the left, under your profile image, you’ll find a “Retire Account” link.
Retiring our account in this manner does the following:
- Unsubscribes your account from all newsletters.
- Turns off all email notifications.
- Removes the account from all Groups.
- Prevents any attempts to contact the account by private message (and notifies the sender of the accounts retired status).
- Makes the account’s email private if it had been set to public.
- Removes any ads that had been posted by the account which were still active.
- Displays a “Retired” status on the public profile page.
While we do allow users to remove reviews that they have posted (you'll find a small trashcan icon next to each review you posted that allows you to remove it), we will only remove Ask A.N.H. posts if doing so does not render the rest of those threads nonsensical. If the removal of one of your posts leads the subsequent posts by other users to not make any sense, your content will remain. Your decision to no longer use TNH is entirely yours, but we’re not ok with that decision interfering with the usage by other members.
That said, we strongly encourage you to leave all of your content on the site. Much of the premise of TNH was the idea that the collective wisdom of Vietnam’s English-speaking community should be aggregated and given a life longer than any individual’s time in this country.
Let others benefit from your experiences.
Should you ever wish to reactivate your account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.